3.3.09

The Nature of the Gift scares me.

The symbiotic nature of the collective should always be valued for its intrensic ability to calm and sooth. 

in other words...
when my Daddy pays for my tires I really appreciate it.  I don't deserve it-I have a job-granted it doesn't pay much-but still...I could have found a way somehow...
But I have a Dad who takes care of his girls. All five of them. Its one of the Big small ways he shows us he loves us.

Which brings me to two different things.
The first is, in this day and age of hyperfeminism, it is important to remember to not include all men in the bastard category.  
And second of all: 
every now and again it is necessary to practice the art of receiving. Take it how you will. But I think some of us have a hard time accepting help. It is difficult and it can make us feel like less of a "person". 

But standing in the tire store with the grizzled oil stained mechanic handing me my keys with a smile and telling me to watch out of those curbs that "just jump right out in front of yah" made be realize how thankful I am for help. 

every now and again.
this is me-reminding you to check and see if your sole has soul...if it is thankful--you are on your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment